Sheri Hutchinson has presented on the topic of Accessibility at campus workshops and national conferences. Sheri designed and wrote a systemwide Train the Trainer Guide serving as a model for many institutions to begin the task of teaching faculty and staff about using the Microsoft built-in Accessibility Checker in Office 2010. She recently worked on the Minnesota State Captioning Project to develop a toolkit of resources for institutions considering the video captioning process. She has seen the positive impact on students when faculty design their courses for accessibility so all learner can be successful.
Sheri’s work as a campus Director of Online Learning has allowed her to share her expertise on the topics of Integrating Technology and Classroom of the Future at national and regional conferences. She has also worked to assist students who need help to read course materials through text to speech technology. She has impacted the success faculty have had as they design their courses to integrate technology which facilitates learning and allows all students to be actively engaged.
- Academic Program Director, Minnesota State College and University System.
- Associate Professor, North Central University Computer Science; Adjunct faculty, Computer Science, North Hennepin Community College
- Educational Development Manager, ReadSpeaker Text to Speech in the LMS; Create development courses for ReadSpeaker World Wide use by educational institutions.
- Faculty and Assessment Coordinator, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Director of Online Learning, North Hennepin Community College and Normandale Community College
- Teach computer science programming and IT computer information systems courses.
- Provide assessment coordinator for HLC site visit brought in to bring a “not-met” for Criterion 4 to a Met-Did successfully.
- Developed nine online textbooks and LMS user manuals
- Trained Minnesota State faculty, administration and students on Accessibility Standards
- Quality Matters Master Peer Reviewer
- SCRUM Master (Software Development Project Management)